Follow Me On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 17, 2012

"Diaper Cycle"

This "diaper cycle" was made for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's baby shower.  This one was geared towards the daddy.  I got this idea from pinterest, of course!

Here is what I used:
  • 28 diapers (I used Parents Choice size 2)
  • 2 rubber bands
  • Ribbon (I used tulle)
  • 2 receiving blankets
  • 1 link toy
  • Bottle
  • Baby washcloth
  • 2 bibs
  • A pair of socks
  • Stuffed animal
I started by layering the diapers in the cake pan:



Then, I put a rubber band around the diapers, adjusting them to keep the right shape. (Don't forget to make 2 of these!!)

 Next, I tied tulle (ribbon can be used also) around each "tire" to hide the rubber band:
 Make sure that you have left a hole in the center of each tire:
 I then rolled up one of the receiving blankets and fed it through the front tire:

And through the back tire.  Once you have done that, be sure to hide the ends of the receiving blanket in the back tire:

Next, I rolled up the second receiving blanket and also fed it through the front tire.  This one will become the handle bars:



  Add one bib "fender" to each tire:

Wrap a bottle "head light" in a wash cloth:





Next bring the handle bars together and slide a linking toy around them:

Position the headlight and push the link down to hold it in place:

Add socks (stuffed with tissue paper to keep shape) and position the handle bars:
Finish it off with a stuffed animal:



Here are the instructions I followed.

1 comment:

  1. That is so stinkin' cute!!! I can't wait for someone I know to have a baby shower so I can make one!!!

    ReplyDelete