Follow Me On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 17, 2012

Simple 3 Tier Diaper Cake

This diaper cake is super simple!  I made this one for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's baby shower.  They are expecting baby girl, Harper, in October!  I can't wait to meet her!  My SIL does not like super girly (lots of pink) things, so I decided to go with neutral colors.  As with most things I have made, I was inspired by some blogs found on pinterest, but I did not follow any of the instructions.  I came up with my own ideas and played around with it until it looked the way I wanted it to.

Here are the supplies I used:

  • Diapers (I used 68, size 2 parents choice diapers)
  • Receiving blanket
  • Fabric or ribbon
  • Rubber bands
  • Safety pins
  • Base
  • Cake pan
  • and not pictured...tulle 
I started by folding the diapers in half:
I used the cake pan to get them in a circle easily:

Put a rubber band around the diapers:

Then, I added diapers to the circle until it was the size that I wanted the base to be:

 To help keep the shape, I rolled 4 diapers and put them in the center:

 I finished off the bottom layer by tying a piece of fabric in a bow (covering the rubber band):

For the second layer, I used all of the steps above, only using fewer diapers. I only had to use one rolled up diaper to fill the center. I folded a receiving blanket to cover this layer:

And used safety pins to hold it in place:


The top layer used the fewest diapers.  I wrapped it in the same fabric as the bottom layer, only this time I didn't do a bow, but used a safety pin.  I cut a few strips of tulle and stuffed it in the center:



 























At the baby shower:  (The motorcycle is in a different blog post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment